Thursday, February 09, 2006

99 Problems

in celebration of the rediscovered greatness that is jay-z's the black album, i will imitate my black idol.

NINETY NINE PROBLEMS
  1. Bitch, lack of
  2. Cold weather patterns
  3. Douchebag juniors with frosted blonde hair
  4. Lack of perfectly functioning headphones and computer speakers
  5. Jabu Jabu's belly
  6. Foodsource's strongwilled attempts to suck me back onto their workforce
  7. The seemingly neverending search for drivers for my new old Yamaha soundcard for XP.
  8. Not enough school pants to get me through the week
  9. Not enough jeans to get me through my weekends
  10. Finding clothes not made in sweatshops
  11. When someone leaves the milk jug in the fridge with two fucking drops of milk left in it
  12. Duck walkers (my school contains hundreds...it's like cancer)
  13. my computer just restarted, goddamn
  14. Lack of memory for my compy here
  15. Missing out on an entire evening to see a slow moving play that turned out to be mediocre.
  16. I've got 15 minutes to write this thing before Blogger shuts down
  17. Urge to move to South Beach and change my name
  18. My iTunes is broken so i cant update my iPod
  19. My speakers are broken so i can't listen to tunes
  20. My peacoat is obsessed with lint these days
  21. I'm starving
  22. There's no goddam milk in the fridge
  23. Itchy socks
  24. The need and incredible difficulty to get through all of The Magnetic Fields' 69 Love Songs before the end of the night
  25. Convincing my mom the importance of going to Bonnaroo
  26. Valentine's Day and my attempts to inform everyone i know that it is in fact, not a real holiday. And not just cos card companies either.
  27. Colloquial writing: I never knew it would be so hard to grasp.
  28. Staying fly
  29. Diarhea
  30. Idiots at my school refusing to drop the subject of course selection
  31. Those same fuckers bragging about the A.P. courses theyre taking next year
  32. Since I tightened my sister's snare drum, I've had this ringing in my brain...
  33. Video iPods
  34. Hot chocolate
  35. S-N-O-W
  36. The suprise return/attack of the above, rendering my superpowers useless and leaving me startled
  37. The perfect balance of honey and mustard to make honey mustard
  38. Tomorrow is sunday
  39. Scene bands
  40. The generic names of scene bands
  41. The generic sounds of scene bands
  42. Brian fucking Pierce
  43. Xanga
  44. My wariness of the oncoming confusion that is the Forest Temple. I vow not to use a walkthrough. Not until the end.
  45. My computer monitor is so super heavy
  46. The entire state of Delaware, except the beautifully proportioned bank buildings in Wilmington
  47. Dave Haines
  48. This is only the halfway point of this whole deal
  49. I can't seem to shake the greatness that is Jay-Z's "My First Song"
  50. I can't freestyle
  51. I can't throw down a hot beat
  52. Foodsource is still paying me 6.90 an hour. I should be making 8.00+.
  53. I need to file taxes
  54. Lion and the Pride E.P.
  55. Snaggletooth
  56. Unarticulate speakers/writers
  57. Rolling Stone Magazine (save for David Fricke and Tom Moon's occasional contributions)
  58. 25 minutes til midnight!
  59. The year 2006
  60. Cars
  61. Pollution
  62. Sweatshop labor
  63. When it snows, then the sun comes out the next day. It looks like shit, makes me feel like shit, shit shit shit.
  64. The realization that this entry is not going the way I want it to. Oh well.
  65. Myspace's general population from my area
  66. Cliches
  67. O.A.R. kid/"Surfer" hair. You know what I'm talking about. Long, to about above the eyebrows, and a little longer than the collar in the bag. Just barely pushing school limits. Flared out above the ears. Sported by kids who like bad jam bands and claim to surf. Especially those who try to prove to you they surf by showing you some pictures that were taking from the shoreline on a cloudy day. Oh yeah okay, that blur on the wave is you? Niccccceeee one brah, hows your Merrick? Hows yr quiver comin?
  68. Reoccuring headaches
  69. When people laugh at this number
  70. I need to mow the lawn again. I'm craving it.
  71. "Serious" relationships
  72. Tinsel
  73. My dad's not so handy workmanship
  74. The smell of urine
  75. Gregorian chant
  76. Father Connolly
  77. Itching for my next door neighbors move, so I can know whats in store for the next 2.5 years
  78. Fractions
  79. The O.C.
  80. Flathead screwdrivers
  81. Dave Haines convincing everyone I have bike shorts. These shorts are nonexistent.
  82. The fear I will now always have when biking down Route 52. I quoth Haines: "I saw you ridin' down 52 the other day. I had the inclination to run you over." And it has been said.
  83. Slurred speech
  84. Any red candy, unless its raspberry
  85. Candy, for the time being
  86. Lack of a neverending supply of Vitamin Water
  87. The general consensus is that I am a dick
  88. This entry is almost too epic
  89. This entry has been three days in the making, so numbers 1-23 are practically over and done with
  90. Tourism
  91. Fake anarchists
  92. Cruises
  93. 6 Minutes, 6 Problems
  94. Poseurs
  95. Rotting bananas!
  96. The smell of piss
  97. People who have abandoned their bikes
  98. Latin-2
  99. Celebrities now skinny who i once loved...Lindsay, Nicole, Hilary...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

96. The smell of piss


74. The smell of urine



I believe you have 98 problems joe.




_timmy

Anonymous said...

Latin-2. you should have had kane for that, you missed out.

-Jesse Schnatterer

Anonymous said...

67. brian giarrocco, tyler lavenburg, brian cona, danny monagle, branden sonsen, will albino (except he's cool)

i am lucky enough to have a majority of these boys over my house on saturday nights!

Anonymous said...

74 and 96 are the same
oh! but timmy already said that. amen to 67. i was sitting next to one of those brothers in the library today. and 25, hot damn i guess you already talked to momo about that jawn. well we can miss all of those wonderful bands playing at one show together. NO! NO WE CANT! we cant miss that jawn joey we cantwecant

Anonymous said...

I agree with 99..
mmmm GO JOE!ye boi

you.. are... the... love... of.. my... LIFE!

Happy Valentines(sp?)Day!

<3 Brittany