Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fucking Thursday

This week has been too long. Everything has been way too long lately. I'm ever pulling myself out of pits. Deep and dark ones that drip water and eventually drive you insane.

So there's this girl and for some reason I can only talk to her five minutes at a time every two or so days. I used to talk to her daily, fucking HOURLY. Now it's like, I don't know. That's just the last voice I feel like hearing. I feel bad because she's always expecting a call from me and is always excited when I finally do, then I just have to fucking hang up.

I just hang up with her and my eyes are just bulging. I don't even understand it, these are completely involuntary reactions. Psychologically, her voice to me is an irritating, depressed whine not unlike that of a divorced mother of two graduates surrounded by cats. Imagine that.

So those pits are this funk, this heavy fog that is hanging over me. Funny enough, it's been really foggy around here lately. Some of my few solaces are in reading historical shit, hanging out at work and getting driven around by my friend Frank.

And thank the Lord, THE DARJEELING LIMITED OPENS IN PHILADELPHIA TOMORROW, OCTOBER 12, 2007 A.D. AND I AM GOING TO SEE IT SUNDAY AT THE RITZ EAST ON SECOND STREET BETWEEN WALNUT AND CHESTNUT. Oh. BOY.

p.s. in rainbows rocks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.