Sunday, October 28, 2007

So here's my fantasy...

Okay, this is the life I wish I was leading. Because I know you want to know, right? That's what the internet is for, am I wrong?

I'm a junior in high school again, except it's 1995. I live in a town not unlike Capeside (you know, Dawson's Creek.) Otherwise, things are kind of the same. Most of the people I know are there, they're the people they'd be if it were 1995. Also, I wouldn't be going to an all boys private school in Delaware. Maybe an all boys private school, but in PA, and everyone wears uniform blazers just like the ones in Rushmore. But I'd prefer it if I were at public school. So yeah, fuck the private school idea, I go to the public school in Capeside Square with all my acquaintances, 1995 edition. We all love Weezer, Pavement, Pearl Jam, that dog., grieve over Kurt Cobain, watch My So Called Life and classic Nickelodeon (The Adventures of Pete and Pete, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts,) and actually, I have tickets to see Polaris next week at the venue just in town. It's a coffeehouse/record store type place (Mickey's anyone?) that does open mic-nights and shows for touring bands. Homework doesn't exist and all my friends live nearby, so we hang out constantly, playing music in our garages, drinking in fields on the weekends, in our secret spot in the woods with the couch, the ancient car and the busted T.V. set. No one has a computer. Cell phones aren't even for the rich kids. Our football team actually wins, it's taboo and unfashionable to be gay and nobody dies.

And oh yeah, I have a cool on again off again girlfriend who looks exactly like Katie Holmes.

p.s. this evening i carved pumpkins and it was fucking awesome. same goes for tomorrow evening. tuesday evening i'm making pumpkin pie from scratch. everything. just the thought gets me wet...haha. cannot wait to trick or treat, survivorman or pete doherty? absolute youth. i'm not sure how to add music but please listen to polaris-waiting for october. adios.

1 comment:

Ace Ignatius said...

don't forget that everyone in every cliche has a boyfriend/girlfriend, all conflicts are resolved in a timely fashion, and consequences never range beyond a detention, grounding, or some grumpy friends.

I wonder what i would be like 1995? hmmm.