Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Drops of Armpit Sweat

As I went on about a few entries ago, Dillon was awesome. I'm really going to miss him, but I've had a little while to set up for this so it's not a huge blow. I'll miss him though... I put him to bed last night, made sure he was comfortable and he had water nearby, as per the vet's instructions. Him dying was pretty unexpected, but I think he went out ok...comfortable at least. I love him, and the gray around his mouth.

School was pretty lame today. [School is just becoming this tired act, walking through the hallways, half-assing discussions, getting pissed off at lunch and in English and at Will when he pushes me down the hall.] I figure if I've applied to my top two schools, why can't I just take off the rest of the year? Not just not do work, but leave school. I have money to make and then I have places to go see! After second semester, I could go work in a restaurant while also working at the butcher, then in March, ship down to Austin for South by Southwest, then to California for Coachella...lay low there with my cousin, see L.A., come home for graduation. Then senior week, my decidedly punk rock and offbeat senior week that I'd like to put together in North Carolina. I hope people I know want to go too! If they don't, it's just Mimi and I, maybe some cousins, slumming it in a tent on Ocracoke for a week. Actually, that's really appealing too.

I've been trying to listen to a lot of music lately. I checked out Kevin Drew because I try to be a different cool sometimes. Yesterday, I was compelled to listen to Violent Femmes, so I did. I did this morning too, then John Doe while I was doing homework. Kala in open time. I think I like Arular better, but M.I.A. sure does the innovative thing well. And I listen to Dispatch because I'm lame.

Now, I'm listening to that dog. because their music makes me think of the 90s (surprise! you fucking ham.) Well what else can I get out of watching Dawson's Creek daily? Let's see... an obsession with Katie Holmes' expressiveness, respect for James Van Der Beek and Dawson Leery, and a longing for everything that High School was before I got there. Hahaha, that just made me feel like such a loser. Not the Dawson's Creek part, but how I so envy the 1990s. Get a grip!

I love it.


2 comments:

Ace Ignatius said...

i can really relate to that last part;
"I really miss what highschool was before i got there"

i thought it was some awesome place where bad stuff DID happen but not for longer then about 45 min, and then it was resolved and everyone was happy.

damn the unrealistic expectations the media has given me about life.

Anonymous said...

haha yeah same thing as them ^

i dont think ive ever seen dawson's creek.hahaa so i wish i could relate more to your dawson remarks in your blog..oh well
love,anna

p.s this is what part of the alphabet would look like if q and r were eliminated
but really its cool about the fruit cup!