Thursday, November 29, 2007

Just Signed Up For a Free Screening of Juno, 10 December

I'm excited for that. I'm also excited for Superbad DVD release Tuesday, but so is everyone else between the ages sixteen and nineteen. That in itself is a good feeling though, how often does that happen, seriously? Something cultural that so many people kind of like you (age-wise anyway) get a lot of out of?
OK, no more sounding like an advertisement for Fox Pictures.

I'm reading the new Nick Hornby book,
Slam, "his first geared toward young adults!," which is typical Hornby (so typically, it's awesome especially if you have a penis) and, like Superbad, I enjoy it. It's about this fifteen year old Londoner, Sam, who starts having sex with his first girlfriend serious girlfriend Alicia the night of their first date. A few weeks later there's a sort of accident but they let it go. Then they break-up and Alicia finds she's pregnant...wildness ensues. At times it's really sad and I feel down for Sam, but then there's always some really funny crack at the end of a paragraph every chapter or so and I laugh out loud. I love bonding with characters and laughing with them...wow, lame, but reading is cool so what's the deal?

My endorsement entry won't be complete without one of my favorite clips from
Superbad. Here it isss...

1 comment:

Laura said...

juno looks so good, i can't wait to see it. that's awesome that you got a free screening. thanks for the college advice. haha.