Monday, November 19, 2007

Today I Received Bad News

My dog, Dillon, the favorite of the two for his incredible obedience, loyalty, good looks and pleasant attitude, has an enlarged heart.

The last few days he hasn't been going to the bathroom and has gotten increasingly more tender and wide around the sides (he's kind of like a pregnant woman. Haha.) So last night my dad finally decided he would take him to the vet today. The vet said he has an enlarged heart. So pretty much he's just on his way out and I'm really sad. He's not all that old, nine or ten. Lucky, the other one, is like 14, he just keeps kickin'! Maybe it'll be like those old couples that are so in love they die within hours of each other. I don't want to think about it. I love my dogs, especially Dillon. Dillon appears to be in mild discomfort, or maybe he's just embarrassed cos they shaved his belly. I hope he's here until at least Christmas.

Dillon and I had big plans. After moving off campus sophomore year of college, Dillon was going to live with me in my apartment in the big city. We were going to go on walks to Rittenhouse Square, and then some days go all the way over to Fairmount for frisbee and relaxation. I was going to have a girlfriend, whose smell he approved of, who also had a lab. They could chill. Friday nights, we would post up in front of the TV, me drinking beer and he from his beloved metal water bowl. :(

C'est la vie.

I love dogs.

3 comments:

Ace Ignatius said...

awww
I'm so sorry
Animals are so much a part of life. They're like a good friend who is never mad at you and you never fight with.
Especially dogs.

Anonymous said...

:( oh joe thats so sad. i forget which one is Dillon and which one is Lucky but they are both so sweet and cuddly. and those sound like some cool plans so I hope they happen for you and Dillon.
dogs are awesome

-anna

Alex said...

lucky will be so lonely. :(