Sunday, November 18, 2007

Britain Is My Hero

This weekend, one thing I did was download and listen to a lot of music. Kevin Drew, Deltron 3030, Blur-The Great Escape, all the Gorillaz albums, the Dizzee Rascal albums, the new John Doe (which is really good,) Cat Power-You Are Free...some others.

I did a good amount of hanging out with my mom. We watched The Squid and the Whale early Saturday night. I left after about halfway, it was making me really really uncomfortable. The only character I liked was the tennis coach, played by one of the Baldwins. I love the Baldwins. He kept saying "Brother." It was kind of soothing.

Silliness rules.

Later Saturday, we (we being my sister, Kelly G, Anna and Sam C and myself) walked to this open house that was just down the road. It was a Kennett party so there were lots of people there I see just periodically. I had so many encounters! I don't even know. I was drunk almost immediately and proceeded to attach myself to former flame Aubrey E. who was letting me put my arm around her. We were nearly matching. By that I mean my drunk mind thought we were peas in a pod because we had on similar coats. Shortly before leaving, when I was going to put the big moves on her (by big moves I mean awkward, reciprocated kissing,) it suddenly came out she had a boyfriend. I lied down by myself for a minute, then got up, pulled her away and kissed her forehead. I kept saying something like "one day," and she was like "yeah that was a friend kiss." I don't even know but I find it all totally humorous.

I got my haircut today, another number eight buzz. I have to do the Ursuline fashion show tomorrow.

I don't like Slaughterhouse Five.

I'm still really excited about Thanksgiving!

I still love everyone.

Love, Joe.

No comments: